Seamlessly blend your indoor and outdoor spaces
Sliding doors with large glazed panels offer the ultimate in modern design with large glass panels and narrow frames, from just 20mm wide, that create an almost unbroken wall of glass that fills your home full of light when closed whilst providing almost uninterrupted views.
When open, the glass sliding doors provide a seamless transition between home and garden, extending your living space out onto the patio to create a stylish, contemporary place for entertaining.
Why choose an IDSystems sliding door?
With sightlines (the width of the frame between the panes of glass) starting from an incredibly narrow 20mm and individual panels up to 3m wide, our range of made to measure, aluminium sliding glass doors create a stunning appearance whilst combining advanced technology, effortless usability and the widest range of configurations.
Ideally suited, whatever your project
With huge panes of glass and narrow frames, external aluminium sliding doors have overtaken bifold doors to become the most popular option for customers seeking glazed doors for their extension, renovation or new-build project.
- Whether you are replacing an existing set of patio doors, planning an extension with large sliding glass doors that fill your home with light or taking on a Grand Designs-style self-build with large glass panels, we have the sliding door system for you.
- Our glass and aluminium doors can be designed to include panels that slide into a pocket in the wall or slide away from a corner to create a complete panoramic view.
- Our sliding doors, theEDGE2.0 sliding doors and the Grand Slider II, can be utilised for anything – from a single panel sliding into a pocket behind the wall up to an 8-panel set with four panels sliding each side from the centre, with openings from 900mm wide to an unrivalled 24m span!
Effortless usability and access
IDSystems’ sliding doors are designed with highly engineered running carriages hidden into the base frame of the system that ensure they effortless function, even with large panes of glass in them.
- The number of carriages used is dependent on the size of the panel so we can ensure that even with the largest sets of doors the systems remain effortless to operate.
- Unlike bifold doors, sliding door tracks can be recessed into the floor to create a flush finish without reducing the protection the doors offer from wind and rain.
Understated design, high-quality security
IDSystems bespoke sliding doors are highly secure and embed a range of enhanced safety features as standard.
- Our products include a range of security accreditations including the police-approved Secured by Design award which provides peace of mind against unwarranted security threats.
- A continuous locking bar and five-point mushroom bolt and claw lock, an anti-lifting device and a full aluminium interlock between each panel make it impossible to separate the door sections.